Please click on an image to enlarge it and see more sample images. Photos are for guidance only and may not accurately reflect the colours supplied.
Yosemite, North America - Fifty Years of Dynamic Rock Climbing
Yosemite Valley is the world's leading rock climbing area and Alexander Huber's and Heinz Zak's fabulous book is a fitting testament to the beauty and dynamism of its climbing. This is a book sure to impress all rock climbers - a powerful statement of why the sport enjoys such a hold on the adventurous everywhere.
- A comprehensive summary of past and recent rock climbing events in Yosemite valley, the world's key rock climbing venue, by one of the leading Yosemite climbers.
- A heavily illustrated celebration of Yosemite's splendour
- its massive rock walls, stunning waterfalls and, above all, its great rock climbs
- with superb colour photos by Heinz Zak.
- 19th century exploration / mapping / early climbs described
- Alex Huber's historical commentary takes the story from early climbs through all key developments up to the present day.
- The great ascents described in invited essays from Warren Harding, Royal Robbins, Jim Bridwell, Mark Chapman, Jerry Moffat, John Long, Dean Potter, Peter Croft, Lynn Hill, Thomas Huber and Leo Moulding
- Fascinating summaries of recent developments in free climbing, soloing, hard aid climbing, speed climbing on the classic walls, redpointing the major climbs, encha¯nements of two or three walls in one go, bouldering and sport climbing.
- Amusing vignettes on the social scene and ethical debates. - Various styles of free and aid climbing described.
240x310mm with 180 photographs.
Hardback No of Pages: 176
Page Size: 315 x 248
Publisher: Baton Wicks
Published Date: 31/10/2003
Cover: hardback Illustrations: colour photos
Weight: 1540 gms.
Please choose the pack size:
Please enter the number required:
Contact us for more information on this product