Please click on an image to enlarge it and see more sample images. Photos are for guidance only and may not accurately reflect the colours supplied.
Chart of the Night Sky ..Beginners Guide to Stargazing !! - Global Mapping
"Mark Peterson and Wil Tirion's Chart of the Night Sky is a masterpiece of map making. Precise, easy to use, durable and a work of art, it is quite simply the best ever." Dr.Mark Littmann, PhD.
Author, Planets Beyond; The Heavens on Fire; Totality: Eclipses of the Sun; Minding of the Heavens. Hill Chair of Excellence Professer, University of Tennessee
The ideal introduction to stargazing, these charts are simple to use at any time of the year, anywhere in the world! Packed with information, help and advice, as well as detailed instructions to help you get a firm understanding of the Stars and Constellatons.
The Chart of the Night Sky map set accurately depicts the night sky as it appears everywhere in the populated world.. With a little practice, stargazers of all ages can use these charts to locate and learn the names of stars, constellations and other fascinating objects in the heavens.
Laminated for durability and use in damp environments.
This Chart of the Night Sky map set offers design features that are distinct from virtually all other star maps available today. Outstanding qualities include:
· An accurate, distortion-free view of the night sky as it appears anywhere in the populated world.
· A rectangular sky window in the cover that can be precisely adjusted to frame the viewing area.
· Symbols and representations to help find and identify constellations, bright stars, the Milky Way, star clusters, nebulae (gas clouds), variable stars and galaxies. See the inset diagram for a close-up example.
· Explanatory text, tables and illustrations covering a wide variety of fascinating astronomical topics using language that newcomers to astronomy will find easy to understand.
· Star-hopping diagrams that make it easy to get acquainted with the night sky. Exercises are provided for all four seasons and for observers in both northern and southern hemispheres.
· A table listing locations of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn through the year 2025.
Also Chart of the Night Sky received a very nice feedback, posted on Amazon.com:
"This chart is very easy to use and provides excellent information. You'd think a chart that is easy to use would lack good content, but it's evident that Mark and Wil really know their stuff. Great chart of the night sky for beginners and advanced users alike. Teachers would find this to be a great resource."
About the author and artist:
· Mark B. Peterson is the former Curator of Gates Planetarium at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. He is a published author who is also passionate about astronomy and star maps. Mr. Peterson resides in the Pacific Northwest region of the U.S.A.
· Wil Tirion of the Netherlands is the world's greatest living celestial cartographer, and a strong argument can be made that the quality and quantity of his astronomical maps surpass those of anyone who has ever lived.
Mark Peterson was also the designer for Global Mapping's unique 2 sided Planisphere which can be viewed here
USA orders - As delivery from us to the USA is expensive. Our planisphere can be bought at Amazon.com by following this link http://www.amazon.com/Planisphere-Constellation-Finder-Chart-Astronomy/dp/1905755597/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1326111749&sr=8-7
Please choose the pack size:
Please enter the number required:
Contact us for more information on this product