Please click on an image to enlarge it and see more sample images. Photos are for guidance only and may not accurately reflect the colours supplied.
World Atlas - Illustrated Edition - Collins
A paperback edition of this fully revised general reference atlas in the exciting Collins world atlas range. Highly detailed maps giving balanced worldwide coverage, beautifully illustrated thematic pages and thousands of facts and statistics. This perfect family reference atlas provides a comprehensive and topical view of today's world and the issues facing it.
The contents include: * Highly detailed reference maps, with beautifully illustrated thematic pages which include facts and tables plus a fully revised world statistics section with thousands of country statistics that enable the reader to learn more about the world.
* Highly illustrated thematic pages provide detailed information on, and interpretations of, major geographical themes and global issues. * Over 150 pages of highly accurate and fully up-to-date maps with an index of over 50,000 place names (10,000 more than the nearest competitor at this price).
* Global issues including the environment, world conflict, population, climate change and the international drugs trade. * Comparative satellite images show dramatic examples of environmental change e.g. deforestation.
* Highly detailed, updated regional and world-wide mapping. Updates include: * World's newest country South Sudan. * Netherlands Antilles now dissolved.
* Samoa and Tokelau jump the dateline. * Over 1,000 names updated. * 2012 north and south pole positions.
* Updated administrative division names and capitals. * Aral Sea continues to shrink, as does the Dead Sea, its surface height now -421m below sea level. * Many new and enlarged national parks, new railways and international airports.
Pagination: 240 pages, Illustrations (chiefly col.), chiefly maps (chiefly col.)
Dimensions: 312 x 226 mm, 1040 grams
Country of Pub.: United Kingdom
Pub Date: 26/04/2012
For more World Atlases click here
Please choose the pack size:
Please enter the number required:
Contact us for more information on this product