Please click on an image to enlarge it and see more sample images. Photos are for guidance only and may not accurately reflect the colours supplied.
Times Atlas of London - Collins
The Times Atlas of London, published by Times Books, maps the story of the capital from its humble beginnings to the megacity it is today. This authoritative and prestigious atlas charts London's highs and lows through maps, rarely seen photographs and texts, as well as statistics, archive images, and historical accounts, giving an exceptionally detailed view of London and helping you to explore this great city. For local Londoners, tourists, and general readers wanting to find out what lies above and beneath the surface of this great city, The Times Atlas of London is the perfect place to start.
The book includes:
* 12 pages covering the history of mapping London with extracts from maps from the 16th century to the present day.
* A comprehensive borough-by-borough guide showing how each district has developed over the years.
* An illustrated chronology of London charting its remarkable history (including articles on famous Londoners, royal London, and sport in the capital), and extensive information on its parks, rivers, climate and geology.
* Stunning images of the capital.
* Before and after aerial photography and mapping.
* Discussions of important London themes, from literary London, to the meaning of London street names; from the capital's theatre, to the famous Thames.
* Information on the make-up of London's diverse population. The Times Atlas of London will allow you to immerse yourself in the rich history of the city, as well as navigate the streets in the present day.
. Shown in the context of the rest of Britain, and in comparison to other world cities, this book conveys how London is truly distinct. "By seeing London, I have seen as much of life as the world can show." (Samuel Johnson, 1773) "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." (Samuel Johnson, 1777) "London is a roost for every bird." (Disraeli, 1870)
Dimensions:233 x 192 mm, 1070 grams
Country of Pub.:United Kingdom
Please choose the pack size:
Please enter the number required:
Contact us for more information on this product